On June 14th we will reconvene our Sunday gatherings at Westview Elementary. For the first four weeks (through July 5th), these will be outdoor gatherings behind the school. As you know, June and July can get hot, so we will be moving our service time to 9 am instead of 10:30 am and renting a large tent (no walls) for shade. Initially, we’re starting with one service time, but we’ll be sending out an rsvp link before our first service to get an idea of how many are coming. If we need to make adjustments to our current plan we will.
There’s a lot of different ideas out there on when and how to gather as a church. Our staff and elders believe the following guidelines will provide a healthy and conducive environment for our congregation to gather outdoors. We will continue to assess and adjust these guidelines when we make the move indoors.
Family Style Worship Gathering
- June 14-July 5 we will gather under/around the roof top tent outdoors behind Westview Elementary
- Bring your own chair(s) and/or blankets to sit on. If you do not have a foldable camping chair and would like one, we will provide one for you.
- Short lesson in service directed toward B-Kids
- Shorter sermon directed at teens & adults
- Communion will consist of the individual, disposable cups w/ bread
- Joy Box will be in one location for offering
- The playground will be open before and after our service. One parent is responsible to chaperone their child(ren) while they play.
Additional Health and Safety Guidelines
- We will seek to maintain 6ft social distancing between family units.
- We are strongly encouraging all adults to wear a mask or face covering. We are not expecting our young children to do so nor those who have difficulty breathing.
- When people are upfront talking or leading in the worship service they will remove their face covering.
- We will provide stations with anti-bacterial soap and water for hydration.
- Those who are at higher risk or showing symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home and connect with us online.
For those not yet comfortable with returning on Sunday morning
- We will continue our online content as we have over the last few months. The same message preached at Westview will go live on YouTube at 9 am on Sunday mornings.
Beyond Sunday morning
- (Online) The Alpha Marriage Course will begin June 18 and run 7 weeks straight from 7:45-9:45 pm.
- (In Person) Forge Groups are starting now. This consists of 2-3 men or 2-3 women meeting once a week for spiritual growth and depth. For more details contact email@example.com
- Bridge Youth Group (BYG). We will slowly start to re-introduce some in person events after June 14th.
As we all know, this is an ever evolving situation, but we are looking forward to taking these next steps. Together we will continue to assess and embrace the uncertainty, taking confidence in Christ and solace in our fellowship together!